You had a small assignment due last night at 10 pm. At the beginning of class I will distribute a note about exposure.
In today’s class we will review the following:
- As a photographer, what rules must I follow when taking pictures?
- How can I use photos taken by others?
- The Creative Commons: what is it?
- Creative Commons licenses: what are they?
- Finding CC-licensed images I can use
- Google Images: How and how not to use Image Search
We will brainstorm a list of potential things/situations you should be careful about when taking pictures.
Please refer to the handout on photography laws for a summary of what you can and cannot photograph.
Creative Commons: What is it?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
HOMEWORK:Take three photos using a device of your choice. They must be outside, and in your neighbourhood. Write a blog with the title “My Neighbourhood”. Insert the images, write a brief description, and in a few sentences analyze the images. Do you think they are good images from an artistic perspective? Think about what you think makes a good photo and discuss your work. DUE SUNDAY 8 PM.