Today we will do the following:
- Have a brief conversation about Lamb to Slaughter: Differences between Dahl and the Alfred Hitchcock Presents episode.
- Distribute the Shot-by-Shot Analysis assignment: note it is due December 17 and you must submit it in paper, not on your blog.
- Form groups for the film project based on the following criteria:
- An inventory of available equipment
- Brainstorm story ideas and start creating a pitch.
Your films must meet the following criteria:
- Be approximately 3-5 minutes in length
- Tell a story (no documentaries, music videos, etc.)
- Not include inappropriate content or language
This short film is a good example of a simple story told in less than 3 minutes.
Here is another:
Groups should be 3 in size – there are 15 of you, so that makes 5 separate films. Do not assume it is best to work with someone who is your friend. Applying the criteria above may surprise you.