Today we will do the following:
- Take some time to look at storyboards and pre-visualizations
- I will distribute a handout called “How to Make a Storyboard: Movie Storyboarding Examples”, by Jennifer Albright. The PDF is available for download on the SSD under class 30.
- We will watch the following video of a pre-visualization from the last Indiana Jones film. Pre-visualization gives a filmmaker even greater control in constructing a film prior to shooting.
- There are two types of storyboard handouts on the SSD. As part of your project, you will have to choose one type and prepare storyboards for your film
- Continue to work on our story concepts. You need to fill out the pitch sheet (distributed last class, electronic copies on the SSD) and present it to me. We will have a conversation as to how realistic and appropriate your pitch is and whether you can go ahead to storyboard and script.
- ASSIGNMENT: Write a short blog post (200 words or so), describing the process your group worked through to arrive at an idea for a film. Describe any way you could improve the process, or what you liked/disliked about the process. This post should be called “Film Pre-production 1“, and post it by THURSDAY EVENING 10 PM.